The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is an international institution comprised of national standards bodies from more than 165 countries and has created various standards that are applicable for a range of industries. Legal entities, governmental or other bodies must comply with specific conditions to suit certification requirements of ISO, whether it is in management, production, commerce, or manufacturing. ISO is introducing and maintaining Quality-, Environmental-, Health and Safety-, Energy-, Food Safety-, Information Technology Security Management and other standards to guide national and global actors into compliance and efficiency.
German Certification Body is accredited to certify organizations of all kinds for ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management), ISO 27001 (Information Security Management) and ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management).
ISO 9001 — Quality Management Standard
The seven principles at the core of ISO 9001
- Documented information.
- Determining process interactions.
- Management responsibilities.
- Resource allocation, including processes and procedures of the HR department and the work environment of the organization.
- The lifecycle of setting up a business, from idea to implementation.
- Focus on risk-based thinking for more efficient adoption of process approach.
- Performance reviews, proposed mitigation actions, and other procedures used to monitor, analyze, and enhance the Quality Management System.
- has fulfilled all criteria of ISO 9001,
- is subject to regular conformity assessments (audits) conducted by an independent auditor engaged with an accredited Certification Body, and
- that audit evidence was subject to review by the Certification Body before a certification decision was made.
ISO 14001 — Environmental Management Standard
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
ISO 14001 is a world-renowned international standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system (EMS). This standard requires organizations to consider environmental issues such as waste disposal, air and water pollution, mitigating and adapting to climate change, chemical spills, resource allocation and optimization or other issues relevant to their operations. ISO 14001 can be adapted to all organizations regardless the profile. To ensure that the standard remains up-to-date, it is reviewed at least every five years (“Systematic Review”), and – if required – amended and updated to match evolving needs and stay relevant.
Strategic improvement of an organization’s environmental performance can be beneficial on many levels. Organizations could profit from an increased public image, winning tenders, or gain from reputation, which may lead to a faster realization of other corporate goals.
ISO 14001 certification contributes to the preservation of environmental resources. German Certification Body provides ISO 14001 certification services to businesses of all sizes and sectors worldwide. Organizations that have received ISO 14001 certification have demonstrated their dedication to continual development and decreased environmental consequences. ISO 14001 certification helps businesses to stand out as responsible suppliers as customers become more conscious of environmental concerns.
ISO 27001 — Information Security Management Standard
The requirements for ISO 27001 may include:
ISO 27001 specifies measures mainly related to physical, technological, legislative, and administrative safety. The aim of the control mechanisms is to fulfil the criteria specified in the norm structure. Those measures are used to identify, prevent, mitigate, or eliminate IT security threats.
The standard offers organizations an essential understanding of the importance of safeguarding highly sensitive information and helps to demonstrate to stakeholders that data is stored and processed securely.
ISO 27001 is a commonly known international standard. The goal of ISO 27001 is to maintain data confidentiality, integrity, and availability. First, determining what possible issues with the data might occur through a risk analysis, and afterwards deciding what has to be put in place to stop such incidents from occurring with the help of risk mitigation shall finally accomplish the highest possible degree of IT security. As a result, ISO 27001 core is concentrated on risk-management process: discover where the hazards are, and then handle those following set methods by deploying security measures.
German Certification Body provides an objective compliance evaluation for ISMS, in accordance with ISO 27001 criteria, by analyzing the processes in regards to data security and an organizations IT infrastructure. German Certification Body reviews functional specifications and documented evidence for information security.
ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that data security is a top priority for an organization.
ISO 45001 — Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard
Benefits of ISO 45001
The following are among the key system implementation benefits:
- Minimized accidents in the worksite,
- Enhanced productivity due to lower absences and workforce turnover,
- More affordable healthcare costs,
- Establishment of a control environment in which workers are invited to participate actively in their own health and safety management,
- Reaffirmed management willingness to continuously enhance performance levels,
- Improved public perception,
- Boosted employee morale,
- Capacity to comply with legal obligations.